Assignment Title: Recruitment of Consultant to Provide Training in ISO 15189 and ISO/IEC 17025 to Support the Operationalization of the Ghana National Accreditation Service (GhaNAS)
The Ministry of Finance has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Ghana Economic Transformation Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The Project will be implemented through four Components, namely:
- Enabling Investments;
- Crowding-in investments;
- Accelerating Entrepreneurship and Micro Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) Growth; and
- Project Management and Evaluation.
The overall objective of the assignment is to seek an experienced Firm (i.e., a Consultant) to provide training for up to twenty (20) GhaNAS staff and Assessors on the current versions of ISO 15189 and ISO/IEC 17025.
The consulting services ("the Services") include the Consultant's scope of work but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct gap analysis of GhaNAS management systems and training needs
- Provide hands-on training on the current versions of the following:
- ISO 15189 - Medical laboratories – Requirements for quality and competence to twenty (20) staff and Assessors of GhaNAS.
- ISO/IEC 17025- General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories to up to twenty (20) staff and Assessors of GhaNAS.
- Provide practical training to successful trainees to qualify them as Technical Assessors for ISO 15189 and ISO/IEC 17025 in accordance with best practices and ILAC requirements.
- Provide practical training to successful trainees to qualify as Team Leaders for ISO 15189 and ISO/IEC 17025 in accordance with best practices and ILAC requirements.
- Issue certificates of successful completion or participation to qualified participants.
- Facilitate attachment training for technical assessors and team leaders (e.g., accommodation and local travel)
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: https://www.mofep.gov.gh or obtained at the address and emails given below.
The Ministry of Finance, through the Ghana Economic Transformation Project, now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- At least 15 years of professional experience in the areas of accreditation and conformity assessment.
- Hands-on knowledge in the field of accreditation of conformity assessment bodies and the current edition of the ISO/IEC 17011, ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 15189, ILAC requirements and other international conformity assessment standards as may be necessary to deliver on the training.
- Experience in working with legislative and structural aspects of accreditation and conformity assessment systems.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills and proven ability to quickly produce concise and well-structured reports and presentations.
- Advanced Computing Skills
Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank's "Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers" July 2016 revised November 2017, August 2018 and November 2020). ("Procurement Regulations"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per paragraph 3.17 of the Procurement Regulations. Any false declaration will result in disqualification.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and /or a sub consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant’s Qualification Selection (CQS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 9:00 am to 4:30 pm local time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, or by email by April 21, 2023.
The Project Director
Ministry of Finance
Box M40, Accra, Ghana
Attn: Procurement Specialist
Ghana Economic Transformation Project Office,
Valco Trust House, Second Floor, Conference Room
Ambassadorial Enclave, Castle Road Ridge - Accra
Email: email@example.com, and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +233- 24740- 4444
Digital Address: GA – 052 -7763