Assignment Title: Recruitment of a Consultant to Develop Corporate Strategic Plan and Organisational Policy Manuals for the Office of the Registrar of Companies (ORC) and the Registrar-General’s Department (RGD) and Facilitate the Decoupling of ORC from the RGD.
The Ministry of Finance has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Ghana Economic Transformation Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The Project will be implemented through four Components, namely:
- Enabling Investments;
- Crowding-in investments;
- Accelerating Entrepreneurship and Micro Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) Growth; and
- Project Management and Evaluation.
The overall objective of the assignment is to: a) develop a comprehensive strategic plan to ensure that: the new ORC fulfils its mandate under the new Companies Act 2019 (Act 992) and b) develop an Organisational Manual which clearly provides the operational procedures and policies of both ORC and RGD, facilitate and support the process to decouple the ORC from the RGD.
The consulting services ("the Services") includes to 1) facilitate the process for decoupling the new ORC from RGD with clear timelines for completion and (2) develop a strategic plan and organizational manual for both the ORC and the RGD (after the decoupling process is completed)
The duration of the assignment is (3) months spread over 6 months. Th assignment is expected to start in October, 2021.
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: https://www.mofep.gov.gh/ or obtained at the address and emails given below.
The Ministry of Finance, through the Ghana Economic Transformation Project, now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- The firm/consortium must demonstrate professional capacity and previous experience in designing and implementation of company registaries;
- A Master's/Advance Degree in a relevant field in Behavioural Theory, Economics, Public Administration, Public policy, Planning and Development Studies;
- A PhD in any of the relevant fields would be an advantage;
- At least ten (10) years of professional experience in Company Registration, Strategic Planning, Management, Public Sector Reforms, and Program Facilitation;
- Previous experience in the development and implementation of an Organisational manual and Strategic plan for a Public Sector Institution;
- A Firm/Consortium with experience in supporting company registration management reforms in Ghana or the Sub region;
- Previous experience in developing an organizational policy manuals in a similar public organization;
- Demonstrate understanding and experience of public sector reforms especially in strengthening public sector agencies concerning their strategy, governance, programs/activities, business registration, capacity development and monitoring and evaluation;
- Evidence in facilitation of stakeholder engagements/workshops; and
- Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments in the Sub-Sahara region.
Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank's "Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers" July 2016 revised November 2017, August 2018 and November 2020). ("Procurement Regulations"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per paragraph 3.17 of the Procurement Regulations. Any false declaration will result in disqualification.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant Qualification Based Selection (CQS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 9:00 to 4:30 pm local time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, or by email by July 16, 2021.
THE PROJECT COORDINATOR
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
BOX MB 40, ACCRA, GHANA
ATTN: PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
GHANA ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATION PROJECT
SHIPPERS HOUSE, THIRD FLOOR, CONFERENCE ROOM
TEL: +233 (0) 2474-0444-4
DIGITAL ADDRESS: GA 078-6244