Mr. Kwasi Adu graduated with an MSc Economics (Planning) from the Kharkov State University, Ukraine in 1993. Dynamic public service career in economic policy management with a rich mix of experience in finance, budget operations, stakeholder management and policy assessment. He has intimate knowledge of public financial management processes, policy implementation management and delivery of development results. Expertise in executing team-driven process improvements to increase efficiency and impact. Dedicated, discreet, and a dynamic goal-oriented person who is candid and strives to be a focused servant leader.
BRIEF CAREER HISTORY
Currently, Mr. Augustus Kwasi Adu is a Chief Economics Officer and the Director in charge of the Policy Coordination, Monitoring and Evaluation Division. He has worked in the erstwhile ERM-Bilateral and Multilateral Divisions since joining the Ministry of Finance (MoF) in October, 1994.
EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Policy Coordination, Monitoring and Evaluation Division (PCMED)
As the first Head of M&E Unit in 2012, he oversaw its structured re-institutionalization in MoF and sustained it until it was upgraded as a PCME Division. Since 2016, he served as Head of the Policy Coordination Unit of PCMED, where he co-coordinated the preparation and timely delivery of the:
- MoF Strategic Plan (2010-2014; 2018-2021; 2022-2025) to guide the delivery of its mandate within the context of economic transformation;
- MoF Annual Progress Reports for 2012-2022 to provide update and feedback on progress implementation of programmes outlined in the Strategic Plan in fulfilment of the National Development Planning Commission (Systems) Act, 1994 (Act 480); and
- MoF 2020 Handing-Over Notes in accordance with the Presidential (Transition) Act, 2012 (Act 845).
- A member of the National Committee which set up the Commodity Exchange in Ghana.
- Drafting Team Member, National Medium-Term Development Framework.
- A member of the Joint Monitoring Team for Government Flagship Programme under the supervision of the erstwhile Ministry of Monitoring and Evaluation; and
- A member of Government delegation to Spain to negotiate the first Ghana/Spain Financial Protocol in 2001)