The Government of the Republic of Ghana intends to launch a 2021 International Capital Market (ICM) funding programme for the medium term. For the 2021 portion of the programme, the Government intends to raise up to US$ 5.0 billion to support growth-oriented expenditures in the 2021 Budget, conduct liability management including refinancing domestic debt and a buyback of some selected Eurobonds.
As such, the Ministry of Finance wishes to request for EOI from qualified and reputable Transaction Advisors for the various instruments under the programme.
INSTRUMENTS UNDER THE 2021 INTERNATIONAL CAPITAL MARKET PROGRAMME
The instruments for the programme consists of the following broad group of instruments:
- Diaspora Bonds
- Sustainable Bonds (Green Bonds and Social bonds); and
- Syndicated Term Loans
All applicants must separately and firmly indicate their willingness (in writing) to provide bridge financing if needed and the quantum thereof.
SCOPE OF WORK
The selected legal Counsel (International and Local) shall be responsible for and required to provide the following services:
- Advising, guiding and driving the transaction process;
- ensuring compliance with all Ghanaian legal requirements;
- reviewing the transaction documents and the prospectus;
- liaising with other professionals including the Lead Managers, Technical Consultants, Reporting Accountants, Underwriters Counsel in respect of all Ghanaian legal requirements and International legal requirements for the various instruments;
- assisting in the due diligence process;
- issuing a legal opinion to the International Lead Managers and Co-Managers; and
- any related assignment principal to the success of the programme
The aforementioned tasks are intended only as a guide and, should, therefore not be taken as exhaustive.