Assignment Title: Recruitment of Consultant to conduct a Survey on Investor Perceptions of Ghana's Investment Climate and Investment Promotion
The Ministry of Finance has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Ghana Economic Transformation Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The Project will be implemented through four Components, namely:
- Enabling Investments;
- Crowding-in investments;
- Accelerating Entrepreneurship and Micro Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) Growth; and
- Project Management and Evaluation.
This study aims to gauge investor perceptions of Ghana's investment climate and the performance of the GIPC. The survey seeks to evaluate investor perceptions on the following themes:
- Investment motivations and entry (for foreign-owned firms)
- Investment incentives to crowd-in investments
- Investment protection and confidence
- Linkages with domestic firms
- Investment climate
- Legal and regulatory barriers to investment
- GIPC services and performance relating to investment promotion, generation, and investor aftercare
The consulting services ("the Services") includes to The Consultant's scope of work includes but not be limited to the following:
- Survey development and implementation
- Investment Trends Analysis
- Institutional Process and Analysis
- Design of survey & methodology
- Survey/interview implementation
- Entry of survey data, data cleaning in prior-agreed upon templates and analysis
- Report validation
- Report in line with the pre-agreed format and present the report for stakeholder validation
The duration of the assignment is 16 weeks.
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the assignment can be found at the following websites: https://www.mofep.gov.gh / https://www.gipc.gov.gh or obtained at the address and emails given below.
The Ministry of Finance, through the Ghana Economic Transformation Project, now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are,
- The firm must be a legally registered consulting firm; Registration Certificate with relevant regulatory authorities in the legal jurisdiction of the applicant / Certificate of Incorporation (if applicable);
- The firm must have successfully conducted and completed three (3) surveys, evaluations, or research assignments and prepared surveys, evaluations, or research reports in the last 5 years;
- Evidence of Technical and Managerial Capability; and
- Experience working with public sector institutions in Ghana or similar countries.
Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank's "Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers" July 2016 revised November 2017, August 2018 and November 2020). ("Procurement Regulations"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per paragraph 3.17 of the Procurement Regulations. Any false declaration will result in disqualification.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Least Cost Selection (LCS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 9:00 to 4:30 pm local time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, or by email by October 24, 2022.
The Project Coordinator
C/O Ministry of Finance
Box MB 40, Accra, Ghana
Attn: Procurement Specialist
Ghana Economic Transformation Project Office,
Valco Trust House, Second Floor, Conference Room
Ambassadorial Enclave, Castle Road Ridge - Accra
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, and copy email@example.com
Digital Address: GA – 052 -7763