Assignment Title: Recruitment of Project Management Consultant for Construction works for Greater Kumasi Industrial City Project.
The Ministry of Finance has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Ghana Economic Transformation Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The Project will be implemented through four Components, namely:
- Enabling Investments;
- Crowding-in investments;
- Accelerating Entrepreneurship and Micro Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) Growth; and
- Project Management and Evaluation.
The overall objective of the assignment is seeking an experienced Firm (i.e., a Consultant) Consultant to ensure the efficient and effective supervision of the off-site infrastructure construction works for GKIC to be undertaken by the EPC Contractor.
The consulting services ("the Services") includes to The Consultant's scope of work includes but not be limited to the following:
The Consultant will provide project management and construction supervision services in respect of the following construction works and other activities:
- Land clearing and preparation
- Road Construction: Single to dual carriage for main roads (Longitudinal/Latitudinal) and Single carriage links – 5km
- Raw water supply to header station – 10,000cu.m/d
- Water supply pipe network – 3,000m
- 6 No. 1MVA Transformers at selected locations
- Overhead Lines – 5km
- Temporary Office
- Security installations – Access control and aerial surveillance
- Firefighting facilities (not limited to hydrants)
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: https://www.mofep.gov.gh or or obtained at the address and emails given below.
The Ministry of Finance/Ministry of Trade and Industry, through the Ghana Economic Transformation Project, now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- Have undertaken at least 3 successful master-planning assignments for a project involving infrastructure development, in past 5 years, for named clients who are willing to serve as referees, at least one of which in relation to an industrial activity;
- Demonstrate being in operating as a consulting entity, for at least 10 years or more;
- Capacity Statement showing institutional capacity to deliver including description of the consultant’s staff and associate consultant complement, mission statement, key corporate policies and core competences;
- Availability of adequate resources (technical and financial) to carry out the assignment
- Knowledge and experience of applicable regulatory and legal requirements; and
- The must also submits the following requirements:
- A Valid/ Original Business Registration Certificate or Business Licenses in conformity with the provisions of the laws of the country of the bidders;
- A Valid/ Up-to-date Original Copy of Tax Clearance Certificate from the relevant authority in compliance with the provisions of the laws of the country of the bidders;
- Audited Financial Statements of the bidders for the last Three (3) Financial Years (2019, 2020 and 2021);
- The firm shall submit A cover letter explaining how key personnel’s capabilities are best suited to assisting in carrying out the assignment;
- Provide names, phone numbers and contact people at three organizations for whom your team have performed similar work.
Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank's "Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers" July 2016 revised November 2017, August 2018 and November 2020). ("Procurement Regulations"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per paragraph 3.17 of the Procurement Regulations. Any false declaration will result in disqualification.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and /or a sub consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 9:00am to 4:30pm local time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, or by email by October 19, 2022.
The Project Director
Ministry of Finance
Box M40, Accra, Ghana
Attn: Procurement Specialist
Ghana Economic Transformation Project Office,
Valco Trust House, Second Floor, Conference Room
Ambassadorial Enclave, Castle Road Ridge - Accra
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, and copy email@example.com
Tel: +233- 24740- 4444
Digital Address: GA – 052 -7763