Assignment Title: Recruitment of a Consultant to Develop Entrepreneurship Ecosystem, Hubs Benchmarking and Capacity Development for NEIP.
The Ministry of Finance has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Ghana Economic Transformation Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The Project will be implemented through four Components, namely:
- Enabling Investments;
- Crowding-in investments;
- Accelerating Entrepreneurship and Micro Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) Growth; and
- Project Management and Evaluation.
The Specific objectives of the assignment are:
- support the entrepreneurship hub benchmarking, capacity building and acceleration programs;
- improve the quality and service offerings of entrepreneurship and hubs in Ghana to international standards;
- design a standardized curriculum for the Entrepreneurship training delivered by the Hubs.
- design a robust system to govern a business acceleration fund to be managed by selected Hubs who received funding to manage business acceleration programs for participating start-ups and SMEs.
The consulting services ("the Services") includes to The Consultant's scope of work includes but not be limited to the following:
- Entrepreneurship ecosystem development, Hubs benchmarking and Capacity development
- Design a Framework for the Business Acceleration Fund to be managed by Entrepreneurship Hubs
The duration of the assignment is 1 year with an option to extend for another twelve (12) months based on satisfactory performance . The assignment is expected to start by April 2022.
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: https://www.mofep.gov.gh or obtained at the address and emails given below.
The Ministry of Finance, through the Ghana Economic Transformation Project, now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- The firm must be a legally registered consulting firm - Registration Certificates with relevant regulatory authorities in the legal jurisdiction of the applicant / Certificate of Incorporation (if applicable);
- The Consultant will be a firm or a consortium of firms with a demonstrable track record of successfully implementing entrepreneurship support and capacity development programmes for startup ecosystems similar to Ghana;
- The firm should have successfully delivered at least two similar assignments in the West African Sub Region within the last five years;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the entrepreneurship ecosystem space in Ghana and Africa;
- Demonstrable track record of successfully implementing funding/grant support programmes for Entrepreneurship Hubs or MSMEs;
- At least 5 years’ experience in providing training and capacity building support to MSME/entrepreneurship agencies and designing entrepreneurship/MSME support programs within a relevant country context;
- Extensive network with international entrepreneurship support agencies and organizations (public, private, not-for-profit;
- Strong understanding of the role of entrepreneurship hubs (accelerators, incubators, co-working spaces, etc.) within relevant entrepreneurship ecosystems.
- Experience working with public sector institutions in Ghana and managing reporting relationships with government and multi-lateral agency stakeholders; and
- Evidence of Technical and Managerial Capability of the firm. Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank's "Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers" July 2016 revised November 2017, August 2018 and November 2020). ("Procurement Regulations"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per paragraph 3.17 of the Procurement Regulations. Any false declaration will result in disqualification.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality Base Selection (QBS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 9:00 to 4:30 pm local time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, or by email by January 10, 2022.
The Project Coordinator
C/O Ministry of Finance
Box MB 40, Accra, Ghana
Attn: Procurement Specialist
Ghana Economic Transformation Project Office,
Valco Trust House, Second Floor, Conference Room
Ambassadorial Enclave, Castle Road Ridge - Accra
Email: email@example.com, and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +233- 2407 - 4444
Digital Address: GA – 052 -7763