The Division provides in-house specialized legal advisory support and oversight to the Minister, the Ministry, its Departments and Agencies, and to government generally in the development and implementation of the Ministry’s policy initiatives and in public financial management, to ensure compliance with good public financial management.
Advice Hon. Minister on:
- Legal issues in policy development and other matters involving the Ministry and other Ministry’s Department and Agencies (MDA’s).
- The payment of judgment Debts and potential breaches of executed contracts;
- Issues involving MDAs that impact the Minister’s role in the management of the economy and as Government’s shareholder in State Owned Enterprises (SOEs)
- Represent the Ministry in negotiating:
- International Agreements with Development Partners,
- Bilateral Investment Treaties
- Double Taxation Agreements
- Negotiate with lenders and sponsors for national projects and programs;
- Renegotiation of onerous terms in sole sourced commercial contracts following Value for Money Assessments;
- Liaise with the Attorney General’s Department:
- In resolution of potential claims against the Ministry and other MDA’s,
- Requests for legal opinions;
- MoF’s appearance in Court proceedings as witness