To be recognized as a highly professional institute dedicated to
- Providing quality financial management
- Improving accountability
- Ensuring good economic governance.
The Ministry of Finance exists to ensure macro-economic stability for promotion of sustainable economic growth and development of Ghana and her people through:
- The formulation and implementation of sound financial, fiscal and monetary policies.
- Creating an enabling environment for investment. In furtherance of the foregoing the Ministry is committed to the pursuit of excellence, transparency, probity and accountability in the management of financial resources.
- Establishing and disseminating performance-oriented guidelines and accurate user- friendly financial management information systems.
- Efficient mobilisation, allocation and management of financial resources.
- To allocate and manage financial resources efficiently, effectively and rationally
- To formulate and implement sound macro-economic policies.
- To reduce and restructure the Domestic debt
- To improve Public Expenditure Management
- To pursue prices and Exchange rate stability
- To account for all Public Finances properly
- To improve the human resources and Institutional Management Capacity
- To improve Fiscal Resource Mobilization
- To strengthen private sector
- Formulate and implement sound fiscal and financial policies
- Effective mobilization and efficient allocation of resources
- Improve public financial management
We are responsible for:
- Mobilization of external and internal resources
- Allocation of resources to all sectors of the economic
- Ensuring sustainability of public debt
- Preparation and implementation of the annual budget and economic and financial statement of Government
- Management of public expenditure
- Development and implementation of financial sector policies